The Sturm Center
A Behavioral Health Center for Veterans, Service Members and their Families
The Sturm Center is part of the Graduate School of Professional Psychology at the University of Denver. The clinic is both an academic clinical training site and a community behavioral health center for veterans, service members and their families.
The Sturm Center provides high-quality, evidence-based and confidential behavioral health services at a community-centered facility in Aurora, Colorado. We welcome all Veterans (no matter discharge status, era or combat status), Servicemembers (including Guard and Reserve), and their families. We provide a wide range of behavioral health services and a variety of psychological assessments.
To help with the cost of these services we operate on a sliding-scale payment model and accept Medicaid, Medicare and V.A. Community Care/Triwest. We have also received several grants which can assist in payment for services for those clients who are unable to pay for services. We provide appointments in the daytime and during evening hours to increase accessibility to services.
Services we offer include:
- Adult Individual Therapy
- Family/Couples Therapy
- Child/Adolescent Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Referrals to Community Resources
- Psychological Assessments (Objective Medical Evidence, Cognitive, Personality, Learning Disorders, Clarification of Diagnosis)
These services can help with:
- Military readjustment
- Grief and loss
- Depression, anxiety and post traumatic stress
- Family, parenting and relationship stress
- Trauma (combat, sexual, first responder, childhood)
- Adjustment to medical conditions and sleep problems
- Anger management
- Occupational/educational stressors
- Obtainment of academic or workplace disability-related accommodations
- Evidence for VA Disability Claims and Military Discharge Status Upgrade cases
For more information, or to request a confidential appointment, call 303-871-7942.
What Memorial Day means to us...
We are so grateful to the men and women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country. To honor them, the APA Division 19 Society for Military Psychology Student Chapter and the Military Psychology specialty at the Graduate School of Professional Psychology have partnered to express what Memorial Day means to them.